Traffic Impact of Woodforest Bank TRI in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The 16th annual Woodforest Bank TRI–The Woodlands is set for Saturday, May 11, 2019, beginning at 7 a.m. The Woodforest Bank TRI is a USA Triathlon (USAT) sanctioned event, featuring a field of over 1,000 participants.
To ensure runner and spectator safety for the event, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will be responsible for closing and re-opening lanes on streets along the race route. Residents are advised to plan accordingly during the morning hours of the event.
The race will start and finish at Northshore Park, and portions of Lake Woodlands, Gosling, Research Forest, Woodlands Parkway, Cochran’s Crossing Drive and Grogan’s Mill Road will be used for the race. It is expected that some traffic delays will be experienced during the morning, in and around the race route. Residents are encouraged to avoid delays and use alternate routes around the race, as areas along the race course will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m.
Lane and Road Closures
The inside lane of the following streets will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Drive – Eastbound from Cochran’s Crossing to Windward Cove
The outside lane of the following streets will be impacted by the race course between 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Drive – Westbound from Lakeside Boulevard to Gosling Road
- Gosling Road – Northbound from Lake Woodlands to Research Forest Drive
- Research Forest Drive – Eastbound from Gosling Road to Grogan’s Mill
- Grogan’s Mill Road – Southbound from Research Forest to Woodlands Parkway
- Woodlands Parkway – Westbound to Cochran’s Crossing
- Cochran’s Crossing Drive – Northbound to Lake Woodlands
The following areas will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate racers:
- Lake Woodlands Bridge – Westbound lanes from Lake Front Circle to Lakeside Boulevard
- Lake Woodlands Bridge – Eastbound lanes from Windward Cove to Lake Front Circle
Complete information, including estimated lane openings, can be found on the Traffic Information link on the Township’s Woodforest Bank TRI race web page, www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/450/Traffic-Impact. After the race starts, roads will re-open on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. These particular areas will be congested throughout the event, and residents are encouraged to use extreme caution while traveling throughout the course.
There will be a police officer at every intersection along the race route, and deputies will attempt to allow cars through, if and only when there is a safe opportunity. To view current route maps and estimated road opening times, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1522/Woodforest-Bank-TRI-Road-Closure-Map.
For more information, call the dedicated traffic hotline at 281-210-2099 for traffic related questions. Through the end of the race on May 11, 2019, this phone number will be answered 24 hours a day. Inquiries may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.