Township receives Coronavirus Preparedness Presentation and encourages Residents to Stay Informed
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors received a briefing on Coronavirus Awareness and Preparedness at the February 20, 2020 regular board meeting.
Dr. Charles Simms, Infectious Disease Medical Director at St. Luke’s Hospital, who works with Dr. Syed Ibrahim, Chief Epidemiologist with Montgomery County Public Health District, provided a brief report on Coronavirus Awareness and Preparedness, as requested by Director Shelley Sekula-Gibbs.
The presentation and video of the Board Meeting may be viewed here (item 17) and select screenshots are provided below.
Watch the entire presentation and video of the Board Meeting here (item 17).
As noted in the agenda report, “The Township does not have authority over health-related matters or coordinated responses to communicable diseases.”
The Woodlands Township provided a list of partner agency websites for more information on the Coronavirus Awareness and emergency management :
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management: https://mctxoem.org/
- Montgomery County Public Health District: https://mcphd-tx.org/
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management https://www.readyharris.org/
- Harris County Public Health District http://www.hcphtx.org/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus
- Texas Department of State Health Services https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Conroe ISD https://www.conroeisd.net/department/health-services/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- Tomball ISD https://www.tomballisd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=307639&type=d&pREC_ID=1843043