Township Board proclaims The Woodlands Youth Rugby Club State Champions Day
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 22, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
To celebrate The Woodlands Youth Rugby boys’ high school team for winning the Rugby Texas Division 1 High School Boys State Championship, the Rugby Texas Cup Competition, the High School Division 1 State Title and the Rugby Texas South Conference, the Board of Directors proclaimed May 22, 2019 as The Woodlands Youth Rugby Club State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of the National Recreation and Parks Association and The Woodlands Township’s 140 parks, 14 pools, 220+ miles of pathway, countless greenbelts, two recreation centers, two Boat Houses and an Adventure Course, the Board of Directors proclaimed July as Parks and Recreation Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
To honor and remember all victims and survivors of gun violence, the Board of Directors proclaimed June 7, 2019 as National Gun Violence Awareness Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized the Township Parks and Recreation Department as a finalist for the 2019 National Gold Medal Award of the National Recreation and Park Association. The award honors communities throughout the country that demonstrate excellence in long-range planning, resource management and innovative approaches to delivering superb park and recreation services with fiscally sound business practices.
The Board of Directors accepted a report from the Village Association representative from the village of Alden Bridge.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a Shared Development and Construction Agreement with Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Approved Resolution No. 008-19 authorizing the President/General Manager to provide immediate notice of annexation and exclusion of the applicable Emergency Services Districts.
- Approved the addition of a Special Incorporation Planning Session Meeting.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a briefing on the 2019 Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
- Approved a Third Amendment to Donation Agreement with The Woodlands Waterway Arts Council regarding art benches.
- Selected Waste Management for Solid Waste Collections, Disposal and Recycling Collection Services and authorized staff to negotiate a contract for services.
- Received and accepted the financial report.
- Approved the sixth amendment to the President / General Manager’s Employment Agreement.
- Deferred action on a First Amendment to 20 Waterway License.
- Authorized the President/General Manager to work with the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion executive staff on developing a preliminary and non-binding terms for Memorandum of Understanding regarding the possible joint development of a performing arts center.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 20, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors proclaimed May 22, 2019 as The Woodlands Youth Rugby Club State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.