The Woodlands Township Board Meeting Updates July 18
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 18, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized 28 members of The Woodlands Township lifeguard team that won first place at the 2019 Texas Super Guard Regional Competition in College Station, Texas on July 8, 2019. Their achievement has granted them an invitation to the Texas State Guard Games, an elite invitation-only competition for lifeguards from across the state, hosted in Baytown, Texas, on July 29, 2019.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Approved an annual software payment for Microsoft Enterprise Licensing.
- Approved the federally-mandated three-year draft update to The Woodlands Township Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal setting, as required by 49 CFR Part 26.
- Awarded a bid for Creekwood Park parking lot paving.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Approved the addition of a Special Incorporation Planning Session Meeting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 and, in connection therewith, adjusted the Board’s regular meeting time to start at 4 p.m.
- Approved funding for signage for the designation of the George P. Mitchell Memorial Highway and authorized the President/General Manager to execute a cost reimbursement agreement with TxDOT.
- Received and accepted an update from the Drainage Task Force.
- Received and accepted an update from the Development Standards Committee.
- Approved the Origin-Destination Surveys for The Woodlands Express and Town Center Trolleys and authorized HDR Engineering, Inc. to proceed with conducting the surveys.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: On Thursday, July 18, 2019, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors approved funding for signage for the designation of the George P. Mitchell Memorial Highway along a portion of Interstate 45 in Montgomery County from the Harris-Montgomery County line to State Highway 242. Pictured left to right, Township Treasurer John Anthony Brown; Township Director Bruce Rieser; Township Chairman Gordy Bunch; State Representative Steve Toth and Township Director Carol Stromatt.