The Woodlands Chamber’s 2019 Award Winners
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon honored local businesses and individuals for their exceptional dedication and involvement in our community on Friday, September 27, 2019 at The Woodlands Country Club – Palmer Course Legacy Ballroom.
View photos from the event on the Hello Woodlands Facebook page!
The event celebrated the board of directors, vice presidents, team leaders and members reaching milestones of 10 to 40 years of membership.
The 2019 Community Citizen of the Year, Chamber Volunteer of the Year, Diplomat of the Year and Top Influencer Under 40 were also announced at the luncheon.
- The Community Citizen of the Year is awarded to a local resident that has made a significant contribution to our community. This individual has provided leadership to improve the economic, civic and/or cultural well-being of The Woodlands area / South Montgomery County.
- The Chamber Volunteer of the Year recognizes an individual who through their volunteer service with the Chamber has gone above and beyond to assist and participate in various committees, events and activities. This individual sets an example for future volunteers and leaders through his/her dedication and commitment to the Chamber.
- The Top Influencer Under 40 Award celebrates a young professional who is achieving a successful career, has made innovative contributions to their company and has distinguished themselves as an emerging leader within the community.
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 Award Winners are:
- Chairman’s Award – Greg Usher, Cypressbrook Company
- Volunteer of the Year – David Dewhurst, Prosperity Living
- Top Under 40 Influencer Award – Zach Richmond, The Richmond Realty Group RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- Legacy Award – Coulson Tough, Retired from The Woodlands Development Company
- Citizen of the Year Award – Alan Benson, Retired Fire Chief of The Woodlands
- Diplomat of the Year – Jennifer Majors Baca, JMB Insurance Solutions
At the event, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce unveiled their new look and logo.
Since our founding in 1978, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce has more or less stuck with the same red and black star logo. But in the last few years we’ve changed quite a lot: we grew our membership to nearly 1,500 companies, making us the largest business association in Greater Houston, beefed up our Business Advocacy Council and launched a Young Professionals Network. The old look no longer represented our values and the businesses we serve. The star was frequently likened to the insignia of Star Trek’s Starfleet and the color scheme felt a bit heavy for our work. Needless to say, it was time for a change. With input from our members and leadership, a small team inside the chamber worked to create something that better matched who we are today. We hope you like this new look and feel for the chamber!
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce is an association of businesses organized to ensure the economic and social vitality of The Woodlands area. As the the largest business association in Greater Houston, the chamber represents nearly 1,500 organizations and has been promoting, supporting and connecting businesses in Montgomery County since 1978. To learn more about The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce, visit woodlandschamber.org.