Spring BreaKation at The Woodlands Children’s Museum March 9-14
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Little ones can delight in performing birds, marionette puppet shows, a real fire truck, and much more March 9-14 during Spring BreaKation at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Activities will take place the week of Conroe Independent School District’s Spring Break.
“Spring BreaKation is all about fun and discovery,” Executive Director Angela Colton said. “We design our activities lineup to give children and their families unique opportunities to enjoy both, all while creating special memories.”
The following events are scheduled for Spring BreaKation:
- March 9: The Spring BreaKation lineup opens with Sonny “The Birdman” Carlin from Exotic Wing Productions at 10:45 a.m., and 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. Carlin enthralls audience members of all ages with his interactive, child-friendly performances featuring macaws and other exotic birds. At 11:30 a.m., Ms. Frizzle, the fun-loving science teacher from The Magic School Bus, will read The Magic School Bus In the Time of Dinosaurs by Joanna Cole. In this book, Ms. Frizzle and her fourth-grade students travel back millions of years for some first-hand lessons about dinosaurs.
- March 10: During Safety Day, The Woodlands Fire Department will bring a fire truck to the museum and invite children to climb aboard. The truck will be in the museum parking lot 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Safety Day activities also will include Friendly Fireman demonstrations, performances by Tom’s Fun Band, a Montgomery County Hospital District ambulance, Alpha and Omega mounted patrol, Montgomery County’s 9-1-1 Cell Phone Sally, an inflatable Safety House, a water safety presentation by The Woodlands Township Aquatics, and the Lone Star Groundwater Conservation District’s Mobile Lab.
- March 11: Children can see, hold and play several musical instruments when the Musical Instrument Petting Zoo visits the museum. This hands-on activity is a presentation of The Pavilion Partners, the volunteer organization of the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. The Instrument Petting Zoo will be available 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., with the exception of a break at 11:30 a.m., when the museum presents Crazy About Critters by TGR Exotics.
- March 12: Audiences can enjoy Le Theatre de Marionette Silly Strings Puppet Shows at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. This musical variety show features clowns, roller skaters, jugglers, dancing skeletons, teddy bears and even an Elvis Presley puppet.
- March 13: Visitors can meet Donald Duck and sing “Happy Birthday” to him at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m., and 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. Donald, who turns 86 this year, also is happy to pose for pictures.
- March 14: Join Maguire Academy of Irish Dance for an Irish-at-Heart tribute to St. Patrick’s Day at 10:45 and 11:30 a.m., and 12:45 p.m. Also that day, Claude Sims will delight guests with his juggling skills noon-2 p.m.
- March 7-14: Science Palooza will feature a different floor activity every day, from Magnetic Fairy Wands to Blasting Volcanoes.
All activities will take place at 4775 W. Panther Creek Drive, Suite 280, The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
For details about the performances and individual show times, visit woodlandschildrensmuseum.org, or call 281-465-0955.
Spring BreaKationactivities are included in the museum’s regular $7 admission price for visitors age 1 and older. The Woodlands Children’s Museum is recommended for ages 7 and under. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
The Woodlands Children’s Museum, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, was founded out of a desire to meet the community’s proven need for a positive environment where children and their families can learn, play and make special memories throughout the year. At the museum, fun and learning go hand in hand, whether children are creating art, singing along to a musical performance or conducting a science experiment. The museum also has made it a priority to bring children multi-ethnic and multicultural experiences that celebrate cultural and global differences and strengthen common bonds. Programs frequently are delivered in partnership with other nonprofit organizations, always with the goal of making a positive difference in the life of a child. Learn more at woodlandschildrensmuseum.org.