SJRA Repairs completed, Research Forest to reopen tonight
THE WOODLANDS, TX – October 14, 2019 – San Jacinto River Authority and Montgomery County Precinct 3 Commissioner James Noack’s Office completed a walkthrough of the Research Forest Drive road repairs Monday afternoon and plan to reopen lanes to through traffic by 8pm tonight. Minor work involving laying sod and cleaning the area may occur throughout the evening but will not disrupt traffic.
Research Forest Drive eastbound lanes between Technology Forest Drive and New Trails Drive had been shut down since a water pipeline burst underneath the pavement September 13. SJRA and its contractors have worked diligently over the past month to repair the water line and repave the road, completing the project earlier than anticipated.
- Uncover affected area after Tropical Storm Imelda (COMPLETED);
- Dewater the area (COMPLETED);
- Remove bank sand from around the pipe (COMPLETED);
- Install a new section of pipe (COMPLETED);
- Hydrotest the new pipe (COMPLETED);
- Backfill the affected area (COMPLETED);
- Remove remaining pavement (COMPLETED);
- Re-pave the affected area (COMPLETED); and
- Coordination with Precinct 3 to reopen the eastbound side (COMPLETED).
“Thank you Precinct 3 engineers for your assistance and cooperation. Many thanks to Montgomery County Sheriff Rand Henderson and Montgomery County Constable Ryan Gable for traffic control.”
“Thank you again, for working with us to ensure the safety of the community.”
Source: Heather Ramsey Cook, Director of Communications & Public Affairs, San Jacinto River Authority