Holiday Recycling and Trash Service
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS – In observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays, there will be no solid waste collection services on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 or Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
All services are affected—trash, recycling, yard trimmings, bulk pick-up, and Simple Recycling (orange textile bags). The chart below shows when service will be provided.
If your regular collection day is: Then your Holiday week collection day will be:
Monday December 24 / December 31 Monday December 24 / December 31
Tuesday December 25 / January 1 Wednesday December 26 / January 2
Wednesday December 26 / January 2 Thursday December 27 / January 3
Thursday December 27 / January 3 Friday December 28 / January 4
Friday December 28 / January 4 Saturday December 29 / January 5
Regular pick-up schedule will resume Monday, January 7, 2019.
Recycle Holiday Boxes and Wrappings
If your recycling cart is full, take advantage of special holiday recycling. On the first service day following December 25 in each Village, additional cardboard boxes, gift boxes and wrapping paper will be picked up for recycling.
- Break down smaller gift and mailing boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a paper bag or small box
- Place bags and boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is reserved only for recyclables.
- NO plastic bags.
- NO Styrofoam™
- NO bubble wrap.
- NO ribbon, decorations, or Christmas lights.
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Cut Christmas Tree Recycling – Unflocked Trees Only
- Remove all decorations and lights from tree.
- Remove tree stands.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard trimming truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
- Other Option: Natural trees can be dropped off at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive, between December 26, 2018, and January 7, 2019. Please deposit trees in the Christmas Tree Corral in the parking lot at any time of day.
Flocked Christmas Tree Disposal
- Schedule as bulk/heavy pick up by calling Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
- Requires purchase of a pink extra service tag for $1.75 per tag.
- Purchase tags from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
- Attach one tag per bag.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
The Woodlands Recycling Center— is not affected by the holiday. Business hours are as usual:
- Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Missed Pick-ups: Please call Waste Management Customer Service at 800-800-5804.
Recycling unusable textile: Fill Simple Recycling orange bags with worn out bedding, clothes, towels, and any other household textiles.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.