Food For Life Gala celebrates a Giving Community
On Saturday, April 7 the Montgomery County Food Bank hosted its 2nd Annual “Food For Life” gala at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center to raise funds to end hunger in our community.
Presented by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, the gala themed “Celebrating A Giving Community” thanked those who made 2017 an amazing year for their community through the Montgomery County Food Bank including the following honorees:
- Harvey Hero Award – Conroe Independent School District – Dr. Don Stockton
- Corporate Partner of the Year – Southwestern Energy Company
- Partner Agency of the Year – St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Iglesia Adventista del Septino Dia New Caney
- Volunteer Service Award – Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Innovative Leader Award – The Dow Chemical Company
- Betty Hardy Award – Carol Coover, Peter Jensen, Robert Plain, Dave Potter and Matt Zielinski
Allison Hulett, President and CEO of Montgomery County Food Bank, shared, “We are honored to celebrate a giving community, acknowledging each of our inspiring honorees without whom we could not accomplish our mission to serve. We appreciate you joining us tonight and hope you walk away with a greater understanding of the mission and impact of the Montgomery County Food Bank, our diverse programming, and the clients we assist within our beloved community.”
Did you know that in 2017:
- 11 Million Meals were distributed to the food insecure of Montgomery County
- 40% distributed was fresh produce
- 2.4 Million Pounds of produce was rescued from the landfill
- 4,100 Volunteers contribute their time
Attendees of the event included a cocktail reception, silent auction, dinner, awards presentation, live auction, and a dueling piano performance with Mike Faltin and DJ London. Guests had the opportunity to be in charge of the entertainment for the evening by donating to choose the top ten list of songs to be played during the dueling piano performance on stage.
View photos from the event at the Hello Woodlands Facebook page!
Learn more about the Montgomery County Food Bank, book a tour or volunteer, and/or to make a monetary donation or food contribution at www.mcfoodbank.org or call 936.271.8800.