View where to get important COVID-19 information, help and/or assistance with medical care, food, finances, and more in The Woodlands area and in Montgomery County, Texas during the COVID-19 Crisis.
- Montgomery County Public Health District https://mcphd-tx.org/
- Harris County Public Health www.hcphtx.org\COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The Woodlands Township Coronavirus Page www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19
- Memorial Hermann Coronavirus Resource Center https://www.memorialhermann.org/coronavirus/
- Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 Page https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Texas Health and Human Services Vaccination Dashboard https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t/THD/views/COVID-19VaccineinTexasDashboard/Summary?%3Aorigin=card_share_link&%3Aembed=y&%3AisGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y
- COVID-19 Questions?
- Montgomery County:
- COVID-19 Call Center available if you have questions: 936-523-3916 or 888-825-9754
- Houston/Harris County:
- COVID-19 Call Center: 832-393-4220 (M-F: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sat: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Montgomery County:
- COVID-19 Screening and Testing:
- COVID-19 Symptoms: Visit the CDC website
- CDC: Protect yourself and others. Wear a mask, wash hands often, stay 6 ft from others. Learn about who should be tested here. View FAQ’s on CDC website
- MCPHD: View FAQ’s on MCPHD website
- Houston’s Free COVID-19 Testing Sites https://houstonemergency.org/
- Memorial Hermann eVisit https://www.memorialhermann.org/virtual-care/evisit/
- COVID-19 Vaccine: All adults are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Texas as of Monday, March 29. Read more
- Vaccine Locater Tools: https://dshs.texas.gov/covidvaccine/
- Memorial Hermann COVID-19 Vaccination Request Form: https://secureaccess.memorialhermann.org/authenticated/COVID19Vax/HUB/PreRegistration
- Houston Methodist COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling: https://www.houstonmethodist.org/vaccine-eligibility-check/
- St. Luke’s Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Request Form: https://www.stlukeshealth.org/covidvaccine
- Lone Star Family Health Center Vaccine Scheduling: https://www.lonestarfamily.org/covid19/
Mental Health Resources
- Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 833-986-1919. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has launched a statewide mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress, or other emotional challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource offers support for all Texans and can be reached any time day or night at 833-986-1919. The line is operated by the Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD, and offers trauma-informed support and psychological first aid to those experiencing mental health symptoms related to COVID-19. Counseling services are confidential and free of charge.
- Mosaics of Mercy is continuously updating mental health resources available during this time period including hotlines, counselors, mental health survival tips, online support groups, podcasts, websites: https://mosaicsofmercy.com/coronavirus/
- Tri-County Crisis 24hr Hot Line: 1-800-659-6994
- Yes to Youth Crisis 24hr Hot Line: 888-756-8682
- Harris County COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 833-251-7544
- Crisis Text Line (Mental Health America)- Text MHA to 741741 and you’ll be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor
- The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678- A national suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Domestic Violence Support: text LOVEIS to 22522 or call 1-866-331-9474
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as:
- Basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing, rent and utility assistance
- Physical and mental health services including support groups, counseling, and rehabilitation
- Financial assistance for job training
- Programs for seniors such as home-delivered meals, respite care, and home health care
- Child care, after school programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services
- Food Pantries in Montgomery County https://mcfoodbank.org/find-a-food-pantry-partner-agencies-conroe-tx/
- Interfaith of The Woodlands:
- Families and Individuals: (281) 367-1230
- Interfaith’s Senior Grocery Delivery (weekly) – Seniors (over 62) can call 832-615-8224.
- Drive Thru Panty hours: Tuesday and Thursdays, 10:00am – 3:00pm
- More information at woodlandsinterfaith.org
- Mobile Markets – Grocery Drive Thru: Mobile Markets are temporary drive thru distribution centers where pre-packaged bags of groceries will be provided to Montgomery County residents in need, while supplies last. Residents can drive up to the Mobile Market, stay in their car, and Montgomery County Food Banks’ partner agencies and trained volunteers will load the groceries safely into their car. View dates, times, locations and partners involved at Mobile Markets scheduled for the upcoming week. View dates and locations
For anyone not able to attend one of these drive thru distributions, more info can be found on the MCFB website about food pantries open across the county at https://mcfoodbank.org/find-a-food-pantry-partner-agencies-conroe-tx/
- Grocery Delivery
- H-E-B now gives seniors (age 60 or order) access to a personal shopper by phone, allowing seniors to get essential food and supplies delivered, while remaining in the comfort and safety of their home (with Favor Delivery, $10 charge for tip). Access the Senior Support Line at 1-833-397-0080. Read more here
- Interfaith Community Clinic hours are Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. All patients are triaged over the phone. Individuals needing non-COVID-19 related Medical or Dental Assistance, call (281) 364-7889.
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as physical and mental health services including support groups, counseling, and rehabilitation.
- If you have lost your job due to the Covid 19 outbreak, the Texas Workforce Commission has waived the waiting period to apply for unemployment benefits. A link to the Texas Workforce Commission application is here: https://twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-job-seekers
- Interfaith of The Woodlands: Individuals that need a job can call the Workforce Solutions Conroe office at (936) 441-0037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Costco is hiring – view local jobs here.
- H-E-B is hiring Hourly and Short-Term Employees: https://careers.heb.com/
- Kroger is hiring Hourly Employees: https://jobs.kroger.com/kroger/go/Hourly-Jobs-at-Kroger/396025/
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as financial assistance for job training.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands:
- Families and Seniors needing financial assistance: (281) 367-1230
- Seniors needing financial assistance, information and referral resources can call Family Services at 281-367-1230.
- Crisis Assistance Center:
- Financial Assistance Services available by phone only. Please call 936-539-9211 for assistance.
- The Woodland Family YMCA is providing Child Care for Essential Personnel Workers at the Shadowbend Y location. Full day program for children ages 1 – 12, Monday-Friday, 6:30am – 7:30pm. To register click on link: https://www.ymcahouston.org/essential-personnel-child-care
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as child care, after school programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services.
- Small Business Administration – Disaster Assistance and Loans https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance or call the SBA’s Disaster Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email email@example.com.
- Small Business Development Center – To schedule your 1-on-1, confidential, no cost advising session send the Lone Star College SBDC an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 832-813-6674. Visit Website
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business guide https://www.uschamber.com/co/small-business-coronavirus
- General Guidance for Employers during COVID-19 Pandemic: https://hellowoodlands.com/general-guidance-for-employers-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
- Free Pandemic Relief Listing for Small Businesses and Restaurants with Local Living Guide at https://info.locallivingguide.com/packages/
Want to help? Click here to view Local Nonprofit Organizations in need of help during this COVID-19 Crisis.
Please contact us at email@example.com to share useful information, websites and organizations that are providing resources and/or assistance in The Woodlands area and/or Montgomery County, Texas during the COVID-19 Crisis.