View where to get important COVID-19 information, help and/or assistance with medical care, food, finances, and more in The Woodlands area and in Montgomery County, Texas during the COVID-19 Crisis.
*Page last updated on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
- Montgomery County Coronavirus Response tracking and reporting website http://gis.mctx.org/covid
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management https://mctxoem.org/
- Montgomery County Public Health District http://mcphd-tx.org/
- Harris County Public Health www.hcphtx.org\COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The Woodlands Township Coronavirus Page www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19
- Memorial Hermann Coronavirus Resource Center http://www.memorialhermann.org/coronavirus/
- Texas Department of State Health Services COVID-19 Page https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- COVID-19 Questions?
- Montgomery County:
- COVID-19 Call Center available if you have questions: 936-523-3916 or 888-825-9754
- Houston/Harris County:
- COVID-19 Call Center: 832-393-4220 (M-F: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sat: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Montgomery County:
- COVID-19 Screening and Testing:
- CDC Recommendation: “If you develop symptoms such as fever, cough, and/or difficulty breathing, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19, stay home and call your healthcare provider. Older patients and individuals who have severe underlying medical conditions or are immunocompromised should contact their healthcare provider early, even if their illness is mild. If you have severe symptoms, such as persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, or bluish lips of face, contact your healthcare provider or emergency room and seek care immediately. Your doctor will determine if you have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and whether you should be tested.” View FAQ’s on CDC website
- MCPHD: “If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call ahead to your primary care physician or urgent care for further instructions. Your healthcare provider will screen you for symptoms and recommend you for testing if necessary. Unfortunately, testing kits are limited and have to be reserved for patients most at risk.” View FAQ’s on MCPHD website
- COVID-19 Online Screening https://www.mchd-tx.org/covid-19-screening/
- Houston’s Free COVID-19 Drive-thru Testing Site will broaden services to people of any age with chronic illnesses on Sunday, March 22. People with chronic illnesses experiencing cough, difficulty breathing and fever, the common COVID-19 symptoms, can call the Houston Health Department’s COVID-19 call center at 832-393-4220 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to get screened. They will receive a unique identification code and instructions on where to go for testing. https://houstonemergency.org/
- Memorial Hermann eVisit http://www.memorialhermann.org/virtual-care/evisit/
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as:
- Basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing, rent and utility assistance
- Physical and mental health services including support groups, counseling, and rehabilitation
- Financial assistance for job training
- Programs for seniors such as home-delivered meals, respite care, and home health care
- Child care, after school programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services
- Food Pantries in Montgomery County https://mcfoodbank.org/find-a-food-pantry-partner-agencies-conroe-tx/
- Interfaith of The Woodlands:
- Families and Individuals: (281) 367-1230
- Interfaith’s Senior Grocery Delivery (weekly) – Seniors (over 62) can call 832-615-8224.
- Drive Thru Panty hours: Tuesday and Thursdays, 10:00am – 3:00pm
- More information at woodlandsinterfaith.org
- Mobile Markets – Grocery Drive Thru: Mobile Markets are temporary drive thru distribution centers where pre-packaged bags of groceries will be provided to Montgomery County residents in need, while supplies last. Residents can drive up to the Mobile Market, stay in their car, and Montgomery County Food Banks’ partner agencies and trained volunteers will load the groceries safely into their car. View dates, times, locations and partners involved at Mobile Markets scheduled for the upcoming week. Read more here
For anyone not able to attend one of these drive thru distributions, more info can be found on the MCFB website about food pantries open across the county at https://mcfoodbank.org/find-a-food-pantry-partner-agencies-conroe-tx/
- Grocery Delivery
- H-E-B now gives seniors (age 60 or order) access to a personal shopper by phone, allowing seniors to get essential food and supplies delivered, while remaining in the comfort and safety of their home (with Favor Delivery, $10 charge for tip). Access the Senior Support Line at 1-833-397-0080. Read more here
- Interfaith Community Clinic hours are Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. All patients are triaged over the phone. Individuals needing non-COVID-19 related Medical or Dental Assistance, call (281) 364-7889.
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as physical and mental health services including support groups, counseling, and rehabilitation.
- If you have lost your job due to the Covid 19 outbreak, the Texas Workforce Commission has waived the waiting period to apply for unemployment benefits. A link to the Texas Workforce Commission application is here: https://twc.texas.gov/news/covid-19-resources-job-seekers
- Interfaith of The Woodlands: Individuals that need a job can call the Workforce Solutions Conroe office at (936) 441-0037 or email email@example.com
- Costco is hiring – view local jobs here.
- H-E-B is hiring Hourly and Short-Term Employees: https://careers.heb.com/
- Kroger is hiring Hourly Employees: https://jobs.kroger.com/kroger/go/Hourly-Jobs-at-Kroger/396025/
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as financial assistance for job training.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands:
- Families and Seniors needing financial assistance: (281) 367-1230
- Seniors needing financial assistance, information and referral resources can call Family Services at 281-367-1230.
- Crisis Assistance Center:
- Financial Assistance Services available by phone only. Please call 936-539-9211 for assistance.
- The Woodland Family YMCA is providing Child Care for Essential Personnel Workers at the Shadowbend Y location. Full day program for children ages 1 – 12, Monday-Friday, 6:30am – 7:30pm. To register click on link: https://www.ymcahouston.org/essential-personnel-child-care
- United Way: To find a resource near you, call the free helpline by dialing 211. 211 Texas/United Way Helpline connects callers with critical health and human service programs such as child care, after school programs, mentoring, tutoring, and protective services.
- Small Business Administration – Disaster Assistance and Loans https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance or call the SBA’s Disaster Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Small Business Development Center – To schedule your 1-on-1, confidential, no cost advising session send the Lone Star College SBDC an email to email@example.com or call us at 832-813-6674. Visit Website
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business guide https://www.uschamber.com/co/small-business-coronavirus
- General Guidance for Employers during COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.hellowoodlands.com/general-guidance-for-employers-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/
- Free Pandemic Relief Listing for Small Businesses and Restaurants with Local Living Guide at https://info.locallivingguide.com/packages/
Want to help? Click here to view Local Nonprofit Organizations in need of help during this COVID-19 Crisis.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share useful information, websites and organizations that are providing resources and/or assistance in The Woodlands area and/or Montgomery County, Texas during the COVID-19 Crisis.