Art & Culture
Conroe Art League Seeking Art Submissions from High School Seniors for Awards & Scholarships
CONROE, TX — On Saturday, May 7, the Adrianne Gerlach Memorial Art Scholarship will award $500 at this year’s Student Awards Show at the Conroe Art League (CAL). High school seniors who are home schooled or attend a public or private school in Montgomery County, Texas are encouraged to enter this scholarship, which is awarded to the best western or wildlife art category.
In addition to the scholarship, the CAL will award $6,000 from their recent fundraiser.
It’s simple to enter! Eligible students and/or teachers need to bring their artwork and complete a registration form (available at CAL) to the Conroe Art League located at 127 Simonton Street, Conroe, Texas 77301, on Friday, May 7 anytime from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Students do not need to be present to win the scholarship and/or award(s).
The 2021 Student Award Show (where the winners will be announced) will be held at the CAL on Saturday, May 8, at 5:00 p.m.
Please be sure to follow the guidelines:
- Only high school seniors who attend a homeschool, private or public school located in Montgomery County, Texas are eligible to enter the competition
- There is no cost for students to enter their original artwork
- Students do NOT need to be in an art class to enter their original artwork
- Each high school senior may enter up to three artworks
- The artwork may include 2D and 3D artwork in the artist’s choice of media and material
- Community standards apply for all artwork
- Students do NOT need to be present at the reception to win
- Teachers may drop off artwork for students, if students have completed a registration form
- On the Adrianne Gerlach Memorial Art Scholarship only, the winner will be chosen from the wildlife & western category. Students may use the artwork already submitted to the Houston Rodeo art contest.
For more information about the CAL awards, contact George Bramlett at email@example.com.
For more information about the Adrianne Gerlach Memorial Art Scholarship, please contact Susan Boswell at 832.813.8343.