31 Things To Do in May
Hello May! Discover what’s happening with the Hello Woodlands’ new monthly guide called “31 Things To Do” featuring events, activities, locations, and ways to get involved in your community.
Join us this May by trying new activities and attending events in and around The Woodlands, Texas. Be sure to follow us on social media at @HelloWoodlands and subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated for upcoming events, ticket giveaways, live videos, photos, and so much more!
31 THINGS TO DO – May 2018
- May 2 – Community Job Fair – Looking for a job, or looking to hire qualified applicants?Participate in The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce’s Community Job Fair Wednesday, May 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Sam Houston State University The Woodlands Center, located at 3380 College Park Drive.This event is free for job seekers to attend and features professional development seminars. Learn more
- May 3 – Ladies Night Out – Roaring 20th Anniversary – This “Ladies Only” event from 7 to 11 p.m. benefits YES to YOUTH – Montgomery County Youth Services at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Event Center featuring a performance by the Spazmatics. https://bit.ly/LadiesNightOut2018
- May 5 – Texas Taco, Tequila and Margarita Festival on Cinco de Mayo – The Texas Taco, Tequila, and Margarita Festival features 30+ taco vendors, 10+ flavors of margaritas frozen and on the rocks, tequila flights, Live music, mariachi bands, Kids zone with carnival rides and inflatables, retail vendors, and more. https://bit.ly/TexasTacoSpring
- May 5 – Waterway Nights – Enjoy live music by local and regional performers in the picturesque setting of Waterway Square at Waterway Nights. Taking place in the spring and summer, Waterway Nights makes for an eventful Saturday night out from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in The Woodlands Town Center. https://bit.ly/WaterwayNights2018
- May 5 – Habitat for Humanity Gala – Fiesta de Colores – Join us for a night of philanthropy, fun and festive colors! The 2018 Habitat for Humanity Gala with the theme “Fiesta de Colores: Bringing Families Home” will benefit Habitat for Humanity and help families right here in Montgomery County. https://www.habitatmctx.org/galatickets/
- May 10 – Shelter for Shelter – Join The Richmond Group RE/MAX Woodlands and Spring for an evening of Fine Food, Wine, Spirits, and Entertainment hosted at Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. The event will benefit YES to YOUTH Montgomery County Youth Services. https://youthmc.ejoinme.org/shelterforshelter2018
- May 11 – Relay for Life of The Woodlands – Fight cancer while enjoying fun activities such as trivia challenges, silent auction or Zumba or body jam! Relay for Life of The Woodlands will be from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. May 11 at The Woodlands College Park High School, 3701 College Park Drive. https://bit.ly/RelayforLifeTW
- May 11 – Montgomery County Go Red For Women Luncheon – The American Heart Association’s Montgomery County Go Red For Women® Luncheon is set to welcome 900 dressed-in-red guests to this year’s highly anticipated event on Friday, May 11, at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Learn more
- May 12 – TX FEST – A one day event showcasing all of the aspects of our great state of Texas including food, drinks, history, sports and more! https://bit.ly/TXFEST2018
- May 17 – The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra and David Adickes Concert – The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra collaborative concert with Artist David Adickes to celebrate his “Great Classical Composers” paintings at the Glade Cultural Center starting at 6:30PM for wine and hors d’oeuvres. Learn more
- May 19 – Bike The Woodlands Day – Ride your bike, walk, or drive to beautiful Northshore Park on Saturday, May 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. At the FREE community event, kids will have a great time with art activities, bouncy castles, and a Kid’s Bike Rodeo lead by Texas Children’s Hospital. Enjoy some great fare from local food trucks while listening to the great live music of JB Barnett and much more. https://bit.ly/HelloBikeTheWoodlands
- May 19 – ASD Hope Golf Tournament – The 2nd Annual ASD Hope Golf Tournament will be held at Oakhurst Golf Club including a 4-person scramble, box lunch and award reception to benefit the Texas Autism Academy. https://bit.ly/ASDHopeGolf
- May 19 – Beyond the Pints Craft Beer and Music Fest – The 2nd Annual Beyond the Pints Craft Beer and Music Festival will be held at Town Green Park featuring 30+ Breweries, 2 stages of live music, Food Trucks, Market Vendors, Kids Zone and more! https://bit.ly/BeyondthePints2018
- May 25 – Country Dance Open House – Bring your friends, family, and neighbors and experience social dance on Friday, May 25 from 7 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. at Country Dance X! Enjoy free admission, dance lessons and classes, food and drink for ages 21 and up. https://bit.ly/CountryDanceX
- May 28 – Memorial Day Service – The 10th Annual Memorial Day Service held at Forest Park The Woodlands Funeral Home and Cemetery will be begin at 10 a.m. and include food, flags and patriotic music. https://bit.ly/HelloForestPark
- May 4 – Houston Ballet: Mixed Repertory Program – The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion evening will include four enthrallingly diverse ballets that will highlight the company’s extraordinary range, artistic depth, and technical excellence. Lawn and mezzanine seating are free. Learn more
- May 6 – Smart Decisions for Safe Driving – The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch invites the community to the Smart Decisions for Safe Driving event on Sunday, May 6, 2018, from 2 to 5 p.m. at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive. Learn more
- May 13 – Reminder: Sunday, May 13 is Mother’s Day!
- May 10 – Stories Through Art – Join Canopy, a cancer survivorship center at Memorial Hermann The Woodlands, at 6 p.m. to view an art gallery from several brave cancer survivors with wine and light bites. Learn more
- May 18 – Nick’s Local Eats Friday Night Pop Up Market – Enjoy the Friday night pop market from 4:30p.m. to 8:30 p.m for dinner, shop, enjoy live entertainment, face painting for the kids, beer, vendors and more at Palava in Spring. Learn more
- May 28 – Memorial Day in The Woodlands – The festival features live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers, a Community Covenant signing, fireworks, concessions and more at Town Green Park from 4 to 9 p.m. Learn more
- May 4 – Leadercast Live 2018: Accelerate Your Leadership Journey -Leadercast Live is the largest one-day leadership event in the world. Broadcast live from Atlanta to Lone Star College in The Woodlands, Leadercast brings together some of the most recognized and respected global leaders to create a leadership experience unlike any other. Learn more
- May 4 – Montgomery County Women of Distinction – The 27th Annual Women of Distinction event will honor the volunteers in our community at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Learn more
- May 8 – Introduction to Drawing with Tom Larock – Held at the Glade Cultural Arts Center, the class will take you through eight weeks of drawing demonstration, practice, technique, and discussion for the purpose of improving your ability to draw with precision, confidence, and accuracy. Learn more
- May 11-12 – Be a pART of our heART – Children can create these unique tiles during the museum’s “Be a pART of our heART” Mosaic Heart Tile Workshop, a special program that will help raise money for exhibit improvements. The 45-minute workshops will be offered at 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and noon May 11-12 and June 8-9. Learn more
- May 11-13 – Life! Steampunk – The John Cooper School presents Life! Steampunk with performances May 11 through 13 featuring the talents of 6th through 12th grade students at the Glenn Performing Arts Center. https://bit.ly/HelloJohnCooper
- May 12 – Spring Tea and Fair Trade Fashion Show – Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend with Mercy House from 2 to 4 p.m. at Church Project with light bites and fair trade favors. Learn more
- May 12 – The CB&I TRI – The Woodlands Triathlon – The Triathlon is a USAT sanctioned and certified event starting at 7 a.m. at Northshore Park and consists of a 500-meter swim, 12.25-mile bike and 5K run. Learn more
- May 15 – Five Who Share Spring Luncheon – The luncheon by Interfaith of The Woodlands will honor service of excellent recipients at The Woodlands Country Club. Learn more
- May 17 – The Woodlands Charities Chef Showdown – Community Celebrities and Leaders come together in a fun filled night as Chefs and prepare a gourmet meal for attendees with live entertainment, music, and dancing. Learn more
Visit the Hello Woodlands Calendar for MORE events, event information, details, directions, and links!
Contact us to tell us events, activities, locations, businesses, and non-profits we should feature and visit in March!