Hello February! Discover what’s happening with Hello Woodlands’ “31 Things To Do” monthly guide featuring events, activities, locations, and ways to get involved in your community.
Join us this February by trying new activities and attending events in and around The Woodlands, Texas. Be sure to follow us on social media at @HelloWoodlands and subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated for upcoming events, ticket giveaways, live videos, photos, and so much more!
31 THINGS TO DO – FEBRUARY 2019
February 8 – Economic Outlook Conference
– For nearly 40 years, The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce has hosted the Economic Outlook Conference which provides the opportunity for attendees to gain valuable insight into the projected growth of the economy in Montgomery County and Texas overall. Year after year, this event brings together nationally-recognized speakers, approximately 700 businesses and community leaders, and corporate sponsors. Purchase tickets
February 8, 9 & 10 – 2nd Annual GoGames360
– Come play hundreds of video, tabletop, and physicals games. Shop our pop-culture merchandise alley, join tournaments with thousands in cash prizes, and win tons of free door prizes! Purchase Tickets
February 14 through 18 – Inspire Film Festival
– This five-day cinematic experience is dedicated to entertaining and inspiring audiences with films, speakers, and events that celebrate the human spirit. The 5-day film festival kicks off by Waterway Square in The Woodlands with a community screening of short films followed by a VIP party that includes a multimedia fashion show featuring original designs inspired by the films. The films are further brought to life through a variety of panel discussions and interactive community events over the course of the festival. Learn More
February 23 – 13th Annual Empty Bowls Project
– The John Cooper School National Art Honor Society (NAHS) and Cooper Art Society (CAS) students raise funds to help fight hunger in our community by hosting the 13th Annual Empty Bowls Project on Saturday, February 23 from 10:30 a.m to 2:30 p.m in the Student Center. For only $10, each attendee can enjoy a bowl of soup, view the student art exhibit, place a bid at the silent auction, and take take home a student-made bowl as a reminder that there are still empty bowls in our community and each individual’s contribution that helped to fill one. Learn More
Visit the Hello Woodlands Calendar for MORE events, event information, details, directions, and links!
January 25 through February 16 – SCI://TECH Exposition – SCI://TECH is a collaboration between Education for Tomorrow Alliance, Conroe ISD, and area private schools that engages 5,000 K-12 students in 13 science, technology, engineering, and math activities over four weekends with the support of community volunteers. This year’s theme is “Where STEM Gets Its Roots.” Learn More
- On January 25, Lone Star College – Montgomery will host the Anadarko Senior High Science Bowl and the Private School Science Fair.
- On February 1, the Chevron Phillips Chemical Senior High and Entergy Junior High Science Fairs will take place at the Lone Star Convention Center. Volunteer judges are needed! With nearly 1,770 students registered, SCI://TECH offers the largest science fair in Texas, and hundreds of volunteer judges are still needed for 7:45 am, 9:30 am, and 2:00 pm shifts. Volunteers can register online at www.efta-us.org/volunteer.
- On February 2, EfTA and CISD will present SCI://TECH Expo Day, a day of family-friendly, free events at the Lone Star Convention Center from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
February 1 – Interfaith’s Women Empowering Women Event Featuring Rachel Hollis – Rachel Hollis, author of New York Times bestselling book, Girl Wash Your Face, is coming to The Woodlands to speak at Interfaith’s Women Empowering Women event. Event planner turned blogger, Rachel has garnered her many followers through authentic storytelling and witty advice on being true to yourself while balancing family, career and relationships. Learn More
February 2 – Creating Habitat in the Garden and Community – Learn how to transform your backyard landscape into a sanctuary for birds, butterflies, bees, and other native wildlife in the FREE class. Lunch is provided and space is limited. Learn More
February 2 – Lunar New Year Celebration – Come celebrate the year of the Pig! Enjoy The Houston Lion Kings dance troupe, Coin Tree project, printmaking, and games at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Learn More
February 2, 9, 16, 23 – The Woodlands Farmer’s Market – Open EVERY Saturday 8am-12pm, rain or shine! The Woodlands Farmer’s Market is organized by the Grogan’s Mill Village Association and supports their philanthropic activities. TheGrogan’s Mill Village Association is a nonprofit civic association whose goal for the farmer’s market is to not only provide local produce to our residents but to revitalize the Grogan’s Mill Village shopping center. If any profits are made from farmer’s market they go to support our philanthropic endeavors. Learn More
February 3 – Cars & Coffee for a Cause – The Woodlands Car Club is and has been a big proponent in raising awareness and funds for local non-profit organizations in Montgomery County since 2001. Come out and “show off” or admire and support the Change for Charity program! Learn More
February 6 – Oil Painting Class with Susan Sheets – This course is designed for beginning and intermediate students who wish to learn oil painting. Demonstrations and discussions of technique are offered each step of the way. Students will work from a choice of the instructor’s photographs of all types of animals in landscape settings. Students will learn drawing technique, composition, color theory, color mixing, and the use of glaze; students will be encouraged to develop their own brush stroke and style. The instructor is an award-winning painter, and a lifelong art educator who knows how to teach and how to get the best from her students. Register Here
February 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, and 24 – 42nd Street at The Crighton Theater – This engaging play is about Peggy, who arrives to New York City from her hometown of Allentown, Pennsylvania, armed with her tap shoes and big dreams. Peggy’s talent catches the eye of legendary Broadway director Julian Marsh, who gives her a spot in the chorus of Pretty Lady, his newest show. Pretty Lady stars Dorothy Brock, the classic Broadway diva, who takes an instant dislike to the new girl in the cast. When Dorothy is injured during the show’s previews, Pretty Lady looks like it will have to close, unless a new girl talented enough to lead the show can be found — someone like Peggy Sawyer! Learn More
February 9 – Community Tree Planing Event – All ages are encouraged to get their hands dirty planting thousands of native trees, wildflowers and milkweed plants. This effort supports The Woodlands Township’s reforestation program as well as its Plant for Pollinators program that helps protect our native bees, butterflies and moths. Learn More
February 9 – Miles for Meals 5k Walk & Run
-Miles for Meals is a great way for individuals, families, and groups to come together, have fun, and support our homebound seniors! Run, walk, or jog, it’s up to you! Proceeds from Miles for Meals, along with other fundraising events, allows Meals on Wheels to continue to prepare and deliver hundreds of meals to seniors each week. Learn More
February 9 – CASA’s “A Million Dreams” Gala
– Children in foster care have wishes and dreams and deserve to be in a place that is safe and nurturing where they feel empowered to pursue those dreams. Help children reach for their dreams by becoming a Gala Sponsor, Underwriter, or by purchasing a table and inviting your friends! Learn More
February 9 – Walk Strong to Cure Juvenile Myositis
– Enjoy a day of family friendly fun including food, face painting, crazy hair decorating, inflatables for kids, teens and adults, a visit from the fire department, cotton candy, popcorn, fun activities led by an amazing cheerleading team and a short walk to raise funds for Juvenile Myositis research and programs. Register Here
February 9, 16, & 23 – Waterway Nights at Waterway Square
– Enjoy FREE, live music by local and regional performers in the picturesque setting of Waterway Square at Waterway Nights. Taking place in the spring and summer, Waterway Nights makes for an eventful night out in The Woodlands Town Center. Lawn chairs and coolers welcome. Glass prohibited. Learn More
February 14 – Valentine’s Day High Tea
– Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a High Tea from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center! Seating is limited – please R.S.V.P. High Tea attire is encouraged. As a caring community of hope, healing and empowerment, Canopy enhances the quality of life for individuals affected by cancer and for those who support them during their journeys. At Canopy, there are a wide variety of programs and services addressing the emotional, physical and social needs of those touched by cancer. Learn More
February 14 – Valentine’s Day Special at Caffé di Fiore
– On Thursday, February 14, enjoy authentic Mexican Cuisine with your Valentine at Caffé di Fiore! With every entree order, guests will receive 50% OFF regular and frozen margaritas and glasses of red and white wine. Congratulations to Caffé di Fiore for being presented with the Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor for the 2nd year in a row! Arturo and Lucy Calderon, owners of Caffé di Fiore, are long-time residents of The Woodlands and love personally serving and welcoming their customers seven days a week in a sophisticated and cozy atmosphere. Learn More
February 14 – Art & Heart
– Join Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center every 2nd Thursday of the month for an art group where children ages 6-18 process their feelings about cancer through art. This group is for any child who personally has been affected by the effects of this disease. Canopy is committed to help join with our community to make beauty from ashes. Learn More
February 14, 15 & 16 – Big Red Valentine’s Party – Guests are encouraged to wear red and experience a special surprise visits from Clifford at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Play Big Red Bingo and participate in a Collaborate Valentine Art project. There will be a Shadow Puppet Theater reading of “Clifford the Big Red Dog” at 11:00 a.m.
February 16 – Serti Silk Painting Class
– Learn the art of Serti resist technique for silk painting in this course at the Glade Arts Foundation which focuses on design, taught by taught by Trish Ramsay, fiber artist and professor at SHSU. Students will use beautiful dyes to explore color, line, shape, spatial relationships, and pattern on Habotai silk scarves. Feel free to bring your own imagery, or find inspiration through the process. All skill levels welcome and encouraged. Learn More
February 16 – 54th Annual Go Texan Parade
– Join the community for the annual Go Texan Parade February 16 in downtown Conroe. All proceeds of the parade go toward the scholarships awarded to the students participating each year. The event is rain or shine. Learn More
February 16 – “For the Love of Mardi Gras” Brunch
– Join Jack and Jill of America, Inc. for a Saturday morning brunch at the beautiful Westin Waterway Hotel of The Woodlands and enjoy the rich taste of Louisiana Cuisine and enjoy amazing music. A silent auction and raffle will be held for all our distinguished guests. Your support will have a National and Local impact on our community. For the third year in a row, Jack and Jill of The Woodlands is partnering with Love Fosters Hope, a Texas-based nonprofit organization that impacts the lives of children and teens in foster care who have been abused, neglected or abandoned. Learn More
February 16 – Montgomery County Heart Ball
– The annual Montgomery County Heart Ball, set for February 16, 2019, will welcome The Woodlands’ finest philanthropists, advocates, business leaders, socialites and survivors to experience a once-in-a-lifetime evening. The Heart Ball raises funds for the fight against America’s No.1 and No.5 killers – heart disease and stroke. Purchase Tickets
February 19 – Sam Houston Trail Ride Reception
– The City of Tomball welcomes members of the Sam Houston Trail Ride as they make their way to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. The public is invited to this free event to meet the trail riders, grab a snack, enjoy the music and relive the old cowboy way. Learn More
February 19 – R.E.A.D. to the Dogs
– All children ages 4 – 12 years old are invited to R.E.A.D. to the Dogs and practice their reading skills with the Pets With A Mission, Inc. (PWAM) therapy dog teams. Children must be able to read or be learning to read to participate. Learn More
February 21 – Winona & The Big Noise
– Winona Judd heads to Dosey Doe in The Woodlands on her latest tour with her band, The Big Noise. She describes her newest album as “vintage yet modern”- a return to the well. Rootsy-country, Americana, blues, soul and rock are all a part of her music as she continues her prolific career spanning 3 decades, 5 Grammys, and millions of records. Purchase Tickets
February 23 – Touch-A-Truck
– Touch-a-Truck is fun for the entire family! Get up close and personal with all kinds of big trucks, and stop by the “construction zone” to play in the giant sandbox. Noise-free sensory hour held from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Learn More
February 23 – Pathfinder Pediatric 2K Fun Run/Walk
– Children and individuals are invited to run or walk the 2K course that will traverse the streets of Town Center, hosted by The Woodlands Marathon. Friends, family and spectators will be able to cheer the participants across the finish line. Learn More
February 23 & 24 – Wilderness First Aid Course
– This 16-hour Wilderness First Aid Course is an educational resource for those involved in activities that take them beyond the boundaries of traditional urban emergency medical services. This course is approved by the American Camping Association, Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts of America and meets the requirements for organizations that require/recommend training in back country emergency response for almost any location. Two year certification issued upon completion of class. Register Here
Plan ahead for March!
Visit our online calendar
, subscribe to our Email Newsletter
, follow us on social media at @HelloWoodlands
, and check back for a list of 31 things to do in March 2019! Contact us
at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us events, activities, locations, businesses, and non-profits we should feature and visit in March!