Volunteers and Donations Needed after Harvey
Hello Woodlands has compiled and confirmed an up-to-date list of shelters, organizations, non-profits and locations that need Volunteers and Donations in Montgomery County. Last update: Wednesday, September 7 at 6:30AM CDT
- Church Project
- Location: 295 Sawdust, The Woodlands, 77385
- Volunteers: Sign up here: https://churchproject.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=364
- Learn more about current needs at www.churchproject.org/hurricaneharveyresponse
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- 4242 Interfaith Way, The Woodlands, TX
- Volunteers needed: http://woodlandsinterfaith.org/volunteer
- Monetary Donations (100% of funds raised will stay local) to help families transition from shelters to long-term housing. Text GIVE to 832-925-3144.
- Current donations needed at woodlandsinterfaith.org/give-back including cleaning supplies, NEW socks and underwear.
- Phone: 281-367-1230
- Distribution sites will be located throughout the county with the largest site located at Falcon Steel America, 3575 Pollok Street, Conroe, TX 77303. Individuals needing assistance are required to bring a photo ID or passport at the time of distribution.
- Learn more at http://www.hellowoodlands.com/interfaith-serves-neighbors-affected-harvey/
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church – ELCA (Interfaith Partner)
- Location: 3801 South Panther Creek Drive, The Woodlands, TX
- Distributing supplies to those in need Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday from 10 to 3pm.
- Email LOL@lordoflifeonline.org
- Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Church
- Location: 1370 N Millbend Dr The Woodlands, Texas, TX 77380
- Panther Creek Inspiration Ranch
- Location: 25902 Glen Loch Dr The Woodlands, Texas, TX 77380
- Contact email@example.com with any questions.
- If you are in need of hay, please contact MG@InspirationRanch.org
- Special Angels of The Woodlands
- Location: 314A Pruitt Rd Spring, Texas, TX 77380
- Volunteers: Help day rehab center for adults with disabilities to put sheet rock back, installation, moldings, painting and putting things back where they go (construction).
- Needs: paint and paint supplies, professional painters this weekend
- Phone: 281-367-3200 or Nancy at 832-610-6653
- The Woodlands United Methodist Church
- Location: 2200 Lake Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands, Texas, TX 77380
- Donate and Volunteer 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Items needed most
• Children’s backpacks
• School supplies
• Children’s books
• Cleaning supplies
• Large bottles of bleach
• Contractor strength trash bags
• New socks
• New underwear (children’s and adults)
- Items needed most
- Learn more at https://www.thewoodlandsumc.org/storm
- Woodlands Church
- Location: 1 Fellowship Dr, The Woodlands, Texas, TX 77384
- Medical volunteers – Email your contact info and credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Home demo and cleanup efforts – Visit WC.org/Hurricane to sign up
- Donations – Mud out and Cleaning Supplies Needed: http://bit.ly/2ethh5T
- Disaster Relief Hotline: If you desire assistance with the recovery of your home, call the hotline number at 936-217-5026.
- Junior League of The Woodlands
- If your organization is in need of help, consider applying for Emergency Relief Funds: https://www.jlthewoodlands.org/?s=relief+funds
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Location: One Food for Life Way, Conroe, TX 77385
- Food Needs: Peanut butter, Canned meat/protein, Canned fruits and vegetables, Canned stews, soups, chilies, Dry cereal, Easy to open snacks, Baby formula, Fruit cups, Any other ready to eat items, pop-top cans preferred
- Personal Care Items Needs: Tooth Brushes, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Shampoo, Conditioner, Baby Wipes
- Cleaning Supplies: Buckets, Mops, Bleach, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Laundry Detergent, Rubber Gloves, Face Dust/Particle Masks
- Sign up at Emergency Volunteer Schedule: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b49aea72caafd0-harvey
- Crisis Assistance Center
- Location: 1022 McCall Ave, Conroe, TX
- Needs: new or gently used bags – especially back pack style, drawstring backpacks to provide to clients transporting resources.
- Phone: 936-539-1096
- Conroe VFW
- Location: 1303 W. Semands St. in Conroe
- Needs: Gloves, Cleaning Supplies, Masks, Shovels, Box Cutters, 5 gallon buckets, pest control, trash bags, heavy duty gloves
- Falcon Steel – Main Donation Center/Warehouse
- NOTE: Please do NOT take items directly to the Lone Star Convention Center!
- Location: 3575 Pollok Dr, Conroe, TX
- Open 9/5 to 9/8 9am to 4pm, Distributing supplies to those in need and Volunteers needed!
- Must be 18 or older to volunteer due to Warehouse Safety
- Cleaning Supplies like brooms, shovels, gloves for yard work and well as latex gloves, scrub brushes, bleach and all-purpose cleaners
- First aid kit items like band-aids of all sizes and shapes, triple antibiotic ointment, hand sanitizer, travel size items, etc.
- Construction supplies and “dirty work” supplies
- Needs as of 9/2: Respirator masks, Rubber gloves, Cleaning supplies, Heavy duty garbage bags, New pillows, snack food items, baby formula, Sports drinks, Cleaning Supplies, New bedding, New towels, New blankets
- Friends of Conroe
- Location: 1712 N Frazier #118, Conroe, TX
- Needs: non-perishable/canned food items, masks, gloves, cleaning supplies, mops/brooms, gatorade, granola/protein bars, bleach, trash bags, hygiene items, diapers, water, NEW socks/underwear, etc
- East Texas Dream Center
- Location: 301 S 1st St; Conroe, Texas 77301
- Emergency shelter and command post for any agency needing to set up a command post in Conroe.
- Needs: School Supplies
- Contact 281-601-6800
- Lone Star Convention Center
- Location: 9055 Airport Rd, Conroe
- Shelter Volunteers starting Sunday 9/3 through Wednesday 9/13 – sign up at www.mocoshelter.weeby.com
- Montgomery County Fairgrounds – Pop Up Animal Shelter
- Location: 9333 Airport Rd, Conroe, TX 77303
- Need: BLOWER FANS to keep moisture out of the building. Extension cords would also be helpful.
- Volunteer Orientation at fairgrounds on September 6 at 6pm
- Volunteers: If you’ve gone through the MCAS orientation, please feel free to check in at the Fairgrounds. Time blocks needed: 8-11, 12-3, 3-6, and 6-8. Offsite dog walkers need to be 18 years old and wear their green volunteer shirt.
- If you haven’t attended an orientation at the shelter they are looking for help at the horse stables at the Fairgrounds as well.
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- Location: 109 N Frazier St Conroe, Texas, TX 77301
- Needs: Canned Food, Cleaning Supplies, Monetary Donations
- For more information, please contact the parish office at 936-756-8186.
- Declaration Church
- Location: 1136 Rayford Road Spring TX 77386
- Needs: Volunteers and Donations
- Donation Needs as of 9/3: Diapers size 3-6
- Grace Church The Woodlands
- Location: 24400 Interstate 45 N, Spring, TX 77386
- Sign up to Volunteer: https://gracewoodlands.churchcenteronline.com/registrations/events/82920
- Relief Center providing items to those in need including clothes, baby items, shoes, pre-packaged food, hygiene kits, blankets, towels, bedding, and more.
- FEMA Disaster Recovery Center at:
- West Montgomery County Development Center
- Location: 31355 Friendship Drive Magnolia, TX 77355
- Hours: Opening Friday September 8, 2017 at 9 a.m., Open Monday-Saturday 7am – 7pm
From then on, this DRC will be open Monday-Saturday 07:00-7:00
Other Locations/Groups in Need:
- Volunteers needed at 66 Lake Reverie Place, 77375, The Woodlands, TX
- In Forest Hills, they are in serious need of help to move furniture, pull carpets, cut drywall, etc. on Thursday and in the near future. (located North of Harper’s Landing, behind Costco). Contact (text) Tanya at (832) 585-4641
- Bennett Estates needs volunteers (on 1314, just south of 242). Contact Paul Crowson at (281) 507-7806
Assistance Agencies: If you would like to support a local assistance agency you can contact them correctly or donate online via their website.
- North, Central, West Montgomery County: Crisis Assistance Center – 1022 McCall Ave. Conroe, TX 77301, Phone: 936-539-1096, Website: cac-mctx.org
- East Montgomery County: Mission Northeast – 22098 Loop 494 New Caney, TX 77357, Phone: 281-354-1200, Website: www.missionne.org
- South Montgomery County: Interfaith of The Woodlands – 4242 Interfaith Way, The Woodlands, TX 77381, Phone: 281-367-1230, Website: Woodlandsinterfaith.org
Upcoming Events and Drives:
- Friday, September 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Woodforest Bank Stadium and Moorhead Stadium hosting donation drive for Montgomery County Food Bank
- Donate blood – learn more here
Donate Online (confirmed credible websites):
- HSRC’s Relief Fund for Harvey Victims at www.HelpingHandsForHarvey.com
- Interfaith of The Woodlands needs Monetary Donations (100% of funds raised will stay local) to help families transition from shelters to long-term housing. Text GIVE to 832-925-3144 or visit http://woodlandsinterfaith.org/
- Montgomery County Animal Shelter at www.paypal.me/mcastx
- Montgomery County Food Bank Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund at Montgomery County Food Bank website.
- Montgomgery County Food Bank T-shirts (100% funds back to MCFB): https://www.bonfire.com/montgomery-county-food-bank/
- Montgomery County Law Enforcement Relief Fund at www.YouCaring.com/MCLEOReliefFund
- The Woodlands Professional Fire Fighters Association is raising money for The Woodlands Fire Department employees, Montgomery County Hospital District medics and Montgomery County Sheriff’s Officers that serve in The Woodlands area. These first responders were affected by flooding from hurricane Harvey and some lost everything they own. https://www.youcaring.com/thefirstrespondersofthewoodlandsdisplacedbyharvey-932106
- The Woodlands United Methodist Church at https://goo.gl/NNHmcP
- Cash or checks made out to “TWUMC” and marked for “Disaster Relief”
- Bring gift cards from local grocery stores, Wal-Mart or Target
- United Way: Monetary donations to help county-wide flood recovery efforts can be directed to United Way- 1600 Lake Front Circle Ste. 248, The Woodlands, TX 77380 Phone: 281-292-4155
- Junior League of The Woodlands https://www.jlthewoodlands.org/
Please contact us at email@example.com with additional shelters, organizations, non-profits and locations in need. For more information on how to help in Montgomery County, please call 936-523-3900.
Thank you to all for your caring assistance to our friends and neighbors in need.