Fitness & Sports
Traffic Impact of IRONMAN Texas in The Woodlands
The Woodlands will be hosting the Memorial Hermann IRONMAN North American Championship and 2,600 athletes from around the world on Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Event activities will begin on Wednesday, April 19th at “IRONMAN Village” or the Waterway Parking Lot where athletes from 51 countries, ages 18 to 80 years old will be checking in. Participants, VIP’s, volunteers and race spectators can also shop at the Official IRONMAN Store and visit the IRONMAN Bike Store & Tech Service Center, Information Center, Pro Panel, and more. View the Event Schedule
On Saturday morning at 6:25 a.m. athletes will begin with a 2.4-mile swim in Lake Woodlands, beginning at North Shore Park and ending at Town Green Park. The two-loop, out and back 112-mile bike course will take participants south through the scenic, rolling farmland of east Texas. The day ends with a 26.2-mile run taking place entirely within The Woodlands and concluding with a spectacular finish on Waterway Ave. Competitors have 17 hours after the final swim wave begins. View Course Maps
The Memorial Hermann IRONMAN® North American Championship Texas triathlon offers a $150,000 professional prize purse and 75 age-group qualifying slots for the 2017 IRONMAN World Championship, taking place in Kailua-Kona, Hawai’i on October 14, 2017.
Roads in and around The Woodlands, Texas will be impacted starting as early as Saturday, April 22 at 7 a.m.
Detours and Travel Routes on April 22, 2017:
- GROGANS MILL ROAD SOUTHBOUND: 7 AM to 9:30 AM – Take Lake Woodlands to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to N Millbend Road, N Millbend Road to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- GROGANS MILL ROAD NORTHBOUND: 11 AM TO 5:15 PM – Take Woodlands Parkway to Six Pines Drive, Six Pines Drive to Lake Woodlands, Lake Woodlands to Grogan’s Mill Road.
- LAKE ROBBINS DRIVE WESTBOUND: Unrestricted until Six Pines Drive. Follow directions for Grogans Mill Road North or Southbound
- BEST LOCATIONS TO ENTER MARKET STREET: Along Lake Woodlands Drive, Six Pines Drive and Grogans Mill Road
- GROGAN’S MILL SOUTHBOUND TOWARDS SAWMILL: 10:55 AM TO 5:05 PM – Take Woodlands Pkwy to I 45, I 45 south to Rayford-Sawdust
- ACCESS TO WOODLANDS PARKWAY: (south of Woodlands Pkwy between Cochrans Crossing & South Panther Creek) 7 AM to 10 AM.- Take Flintridge to Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling, Take Cochran’s Crossing or Gosling to Woodlands Parkway
For more information about IRONMAN Texas, please visit Ironman.com/Texas.
Stay tuned for more information, LIVE videos, photos and more from IRONMAN Texas!