The Woodlands Township Board recognizes Elected Officers
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
The Board of Directors took the following actions before conducting business on Consent and Regular agenda items:
- Approved the forms of the Oaths of Office, Official Bonds and Statements of Elected/Appointed Officers for the newly elected Directors of The Woodlands Township;
- Justice of the Peace Edie Connelly administered the Oath of Office to newly elected and reelected Directors of The Woodlands Township, Carol Stromatt, John P. McMullan and Dr. Ann Snyder;
- Elected Board Officers for The Woodlands Township: Chairman – Gordy Bunch; Vice Chairman – John McMullan; Secretary – Dr. Ann Snyder; and Treasurer – John Anthony Brown;
President/General Manager Don Norrell provided a report acknowledging The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Services Team for placing number one in the nation for the 2017 National Night Out programming, competing in Category Population 100,000-300,000.
The Board of Directors received reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge, Cochran’s Crossing, Creekside Park and Grogan’s Mill.
The Board of Directors honored The Woodlands Christian Academy Boys’ and Girls’ Cross-Country Teams for each winning a State Championship and proclaimed Wednesday, November 29, 2017 as The Woodlands Christian Academy Cross Country State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Awarded a bid for swimming pool chemicals;
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals/Qualifications for Adventure Course Design Services;
- Awarded a bid for concrete services;
- Approved the assignment and acceptance of pathway easements on Creekside Green;
- Awarded a bid for plumbing services;
- Approved Resolution 021-17 Adopting Investment Policies and Guidelines;
- Approved Maintenance Letters for Amenity Ponds 9-L & 7-G in the Village of Creekside Park West;
- Approved the 2018 Township Pay Structure and Employee Pay Increases;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted the financial report;
- Appointed John P. McMullan, Dr. Ann Snyder, and Carol Stromatt to the Board of Directors for The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone to coincide with their terms on the Township Board;
- Received and accepted a briefing on the process for Board and Committee appointments to be made at the December Board meeting;
- Interviewed candidates for the Design Standards Committee and a received a briefing on the process for appointments to the committee;
- Passed Resolution 020-17 Casting Votes for Chuck Hoffheiser to represent conservation and reclamation districts on the Montgomery Central Appraisal District Board of Directors;
- Awarded a bid for Bear Branch Park Phase I & III;
- Received and accepted an update on the Drainage Task Force from Task Force Chair Bruce Rieser;
- Tabled consideration of proposals responding to the Request for Proposals and Qualifications for Professional Engineering Services Drainage / Spring Creek Watershed to the December 6, 2017, meeting;
- Approved the 2018 Board of Directors meeting schedule to continue to hold meetings at 6 p.m. typically on the the third Thursday and fourth Wednesday of the month and adding additional special meetings at 4 p.m. on each of the regular meeting dates in order to discuss future governance/incorporation-related matters;
To watch the The Woodlands Township meeting in its entirety, visit https://woodlandstx.swagit.com/play/11292017-1037.
Source: The Woodlands Township